HEALTH BENEFITS OF TAKING A BATH
There is nothing more enjoyable than going for a swim in the ocean on a warm day or having a hot fragrant bath in the cooler months.
Health benefits of taking a bath:
Your brain and nervous system can benefit from bathing
Submergence in water can reduce pain and inflammation and also calm the nervous system, reducing the levels of stress and anxiety in the body and improving your mood.
Bathing can benefit your muscles, joints and bones
Stretching and moving in water has been shown to be low impact on the joints, muscles and bones, but very effective in providing an adequate workout through resistance.
Take care of your blood and immunity with a bath
Not only does a warm bath make the blood flow easier, it also makes it more oxygenated by allowing you to breathe deeper and slower, particularly when taking in steam. Taking a hot bath or spa can kill bacteria and improve immunity. It can relieve the symptoms of cold and flu.
Bathing cleanses and moisturises your skin, hair and eyes
Exposure to fluid through bathing and steaming is a great way to ensure hydration of the body in all aspects. The human body is made mostly of water and that is why we are encouraged to drink plenty of it. But soaking in it is also extremely beneficial. We can enhance this by adding certain oils or salts to a bath or bathing in a natural body of water or pool, rich in naturally occurring minerals.
Your core body temperature will be optimal through bathing
There is no quicker and more pleasant way to regulate your body temperature than through bathing. On a cold day, taking a hot bath or spa is sure to warm you up. Going for a cold ocean swim in the height of summer is undeniably the best way to cool off.
Benefits of Bath additives like Epson salts and sea salts
Benefits of Epsom Salt:
– eases stress and relaxes the body
– helps draw toxins out of the body
– helps reduce inflammation
– helps improve the absorption of nutrients
Dead Sea Salts contain 21 minerals including magnesium, calcium, sulfur, bromide, iodine, sodium, zinc and potassium. These essential minerals naturally occur in our bodies but must be replenished, as they are lost throughout the day. These minerals are known to treat, detoxify, and cleanse our bodies.
Benefits of Dead Sea Salt:
– Potassium helps to balance skin moisture
– Bromides helps reduce muscle pain and stiffness
– Sodium helps improves the circulation of lymphatic fluid
– Magnesium helps support a great night’s sleep
– Iodine is important for the correct functioning of the thyroid gland and is aids in the body’s metabolic exchanges
– Sulfur is known as a powerful detoxifying agent, as it works closely with the liver to rid the body of toxins